Tuesday, August 17, 2010

臭豆腐(stink beancurd)----- Best in town

臭豆腐(stink beancurd) is very common now a day. You can eat it at Pasar Malam or shop. I still remember 20 years ago when we watched Hong Kong movie, the Hongkie like 臭豆腐(stink beancurd)very much and they don't mine to queue up at the street eventhough the whether is cool, just to buy 臭豆腐(stink bean curd). Now you can see this scene not at the street but at Pasar Malam in KL. I still remember every Tuesday at Sri Petaling Pasar Malam, there used to have a long queue, people waiting to buy 臭豆腐(stink beancurd). At that time, I thought I just walk around and hopefully the crowd will getting lesser later. However, after walking around and back to the store, the queue has no difference compare half an hour ago. Conclussion is, quite a lot of KL people like 臭豆腐(stink beancurd) very much. I'm one of them.

This afternoon, my friend just brought me to a shop near Selayang(After Tesco). Guess what, this shop is selling 臭豆腐(stink beancurd) and the shop name sound familiar to me. When I looking at the "cut out" on the wall, they are famous at "9 gods temple" at Ampang and Pasar Malam. When I glance at a photo, I can barely see the boss face and I can confirm he is the guy at Sri Petaling Pasar Malam.

Honestly,long time I didn't try Sri Petaling 臭豆腐(stink beancurd) but this is the best 臭豆腐(stink beancurd) in KL i can comment. I used to try 臭豆腐(stink beancurd) at Jinjang Pasar Malam, Setia Alam Pasar Malam, Ipoh East pasar malam. But so far this is the best.

Why I said is the best so far?
1) the bean curb is so crispy after fried compare others
2) when you bite it,it has no foul smell come out from the beancurd
3) the chilli sauce is so well blend compare others
4) the preserve cabbage is well marinated
5) serve it hot
My friend that brought me there used to avoid 臭豆腐(stink beancurd) store at pasar malam but now he become addited to it.

I know there is one Taiwanese restorant at Bandar Puteri Puchong serving 臭豆腐(stink beancurd). I will try it later can compare with this 臭豆腐(stink beancurd). I will share with you all.

By the way, they best part about this shop is you need not to queue up because not many customers in the afternoon. Apart from that, they serve with difference sauce like maiyonise, Thai style and etc.. I think the best is still the original style. Price is RM 2.50 per piece.

They used to have a store at Subang Jaya (near Inti college there, I think they have cease operation there.

Anyway, you can try their authentic 臭豆腐(stink beancurd) if you happen around there.

臭豆腐(stink beancurd) with chilli sauce and mayonnaise sauce. Yummy!!
Taiwan style 臭豆腐(stink beancurd) is juicy, smooth inside. Less crispy as compare to original. But I like it because the taste is stronger.

1 comment: