Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Coffee Of The Day


Anyone know where coffee originated and the history about coffee? Link this to find out more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_coffee.

I used to resist those food/drink might become addited or has stimulating effect. But lately, I was wondering why some peoples are so obsess with coffee and what is so unique about coffee? To find out this, I'm going to try it out myself.

I have tried drinking difference kinds of coffee ranging from 3 in 1 coffee, fresh brewed and local coffee. My preference is fresh brew. WHY??

Although the adulterated coffee will taste good but it has lose the original coffee taste. Exp: I have tried Maka coffee, red yeast coffee, fermented rice coffee, tongkat ali coffee, chocolate blend(moka) and etc. All taste really different.  How to evaluate the real coffee?
Today I'm going to share fresh brewed for franchise coffeehouse. Do you ever wonder which coffee is the best? DOME, Starbucks, Gloria jean's, The Coffee Bean etc? Among all, I think Starbucks is the best because the coffee is smooth, clean aroma and the aroma will linger in you mouth after sipped. Most importantly, is has no bitter and sour taste. If you compare Starbucks and The Coffee Bean, obviously it will tell the difference. Try it yourselves.

A few peoples had told me IKEA cafe used to serve very good fresh brewed but it had changed the coffee bean recently. I tried before and the coffee is average. Mcdonald used to claim premium coffee for breakfast(advertise on TV) but is a bit diluted.  Hai Siang Kopitiam(at Bandar Puteri Puchong) the coffee is nice but set back is he can't solve the sediment problem. Coffee Place Kopitiam(at Kepong) serve quite good coffee. (all the food serve at this restoran not too bad. will introdue next time). Almost forgetten about Nescafe, it has a good local coffee aroma (I think got flavour) but I don't like it. However, it has a good stimulant effect. If you take it early morning (especially you are half awake), you will feel the "Uhmm!" and you will be totally awake. Not only that, subsequently you will become addited to it and very hard resist "Nescafe"! By the way, what make the "Uhmm!"?  I think is the "natural caffeine".( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine )

For those hardcore coffee lover, have you heard of  LUWAK Coffee? I think is the most expensive coffee so far.Try this link to know more:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak. Must try it once in a life time. I have never heard of this coffee until my friend from Hong Kong told me that.

starbucks kelana jaya giant
I think that's all for now.
Wait!!! got Starbuck moon cake (coffee flavour) free tasting. Yummy! Can buy and try. Taste good.

Price is RM 32.80 for a box(2 cakes inside). 
 BTW, Fresh brewed regular cost RM7.90 . In fact, the volumn for regular fresh brewed at Starbucks is amost equal to 2 cups of Old town white coffee. When add up price for 2 cups Oldtown whit coffee, the price is almost RM 7.90. Might as well go for Starbucks. Moreover Starbucks serve free sky juice.     



1 comment:

  1. Yes, your friend is right about IKEA's coffee, it was used to be the best fresh brewed (unlimited refill somemore!!!) but now really taste like nothing... Since you like Starbucks, perhaps can try Illy coffee too but I drink stronger though not as strong as expresson so all these franchise coffee are not my taste, I still prefer Hainanese style, old town white coffee, now I brew my own at home :)
    Another place to recommend is Pick n Brew but the outlet in 1-U was closed down so not sure if the Glenmarie Shah Alam outlet is still there. They serve many type of coffee which is fresh brewed from your pick, very good, much better than Starbucks I'll say :p

    ReplyDelete