Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Famous Buntong Wan Tan Mee(云吞麵)

This is the continue of Buntong, Ipoh trip. Review the "Famous Buntong Bean Sprout Chicken", prior to that, we purposely drive from Ipoh Garden to Buntong,Ipoh just wanted to try "Famous Buntong Wan Tan Mee". This shop was once very famous in Ipoh whereby customers have to queue up to order Wan Tan Mee. Let's see how good is the Wan Tan Mee.

Look at this old man so engross in cooking Wan Tan Mee. FYI, this old man is the boss.

.

This is the evening crowd at 9.15pm. full house. No joke. A small place but yet have such a crowd. Must be very famous.

                                                                                                                                                        The shop name is Cheong Kee (祥记). The board also engraved surname 陈


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

                                                                       
The appearance is so appealing. Eee...! the meat look difference from others. Suppose to be "Char Siew" but this is different. Let's look at the bigger picture as follow.
 This is like braise mince meat. But don't know how's the taste.
When I lifted up the noodle with my chop stick, I got a feeling, is it really good? The noodle look so sticky! How is the taste? Ok, I will tell you last at my comment. Now take a look at the Wan Tan (云吞).


                                                                           What is this???



The Wan Tan (云吞) is small. How's the taste?



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, this is my comment on the noodle. You know I have ordered 1 1/2  portion for the noodle. I was a bit regrets  when I lifted my chop stick(as showed in the photo). It is sticky. I asked myself  "can I finished the whole plate? " When I put the noodle into my mouth, OMG! it is salty. No other taste but saltiness. You can imagine how can I finished my 1 1/2 potion? But I have no choice as I don't like to waste food. Still I bare myself to finish it.(suffering man!). The noodle texture is too soft and the sauce/gravy is thick and salty. The mince meat is well mixed with the salty gravy. The Bean Sprout is nice ( no comment on bean sprout). 
 
The Wan Tan (云吞) has nothing special. Just the Wan Tan skin wrapped with the meat(not even prawn). Quit disappointed. Overall I can't get satisfaction. That's why we decided to go to take the Buntong, "Famous Buntong Bean Sprout Chicken" later.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha... Steam beginning but anti-climax later on...Bro.. You r not just commenting good food but also lousy food as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No taste?? Hahaha...then you better bring your own ajinomoto to add in...

    ReplyDelete