Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Famous Buntong Beansprout Chicken

I'm sure a lot you have familiar with Lou Wong, Onn Kee and Cowen Street right? They all serves Bean Sprout Chicken. Some say Onn Kee chicken is nice, some say Lou Wong chicken is nice. I think most peoples will prefer Cowen Street Beansprout Chicken- For those who has never try Ipoh Cowen Street Beansprout Chicken, go and try it. I will recommend.

Beside the above mentioned, have you all heard of Famous Buntong Bean Sprout Chicken? It is located nearby the morning market(Buntong Pasar). Their operation hour is from dawn until midnight. This shop have been there for  more then 20 years. This is the second time I was there and this time the purpose is to share with you all.

As usual, they serve Kuey Tiew (Hor Fan) soup or rice. I have ordered a bowl of Kuey Tiew because before that, I was  just have my dinner. (My dinner is Famous Wan Tan Mee at Buntong. I will tell you later). Look no difference from others except the soup look a bit pale.                                           
                                                                  The meat balls in soup is also my favourate dish. This meat balls is so springy and nice taste. It is probably the same supplier for Lou Wong and Onn Kee because taste and texture is about the same.                                                  

Wah!!! Ipoh bean sprout i can say is  the best bean sprout in the world.( Correct me if I'm wrong). When you bite, it is so juicy and crunchy. The best part is there is not awful taste as compared to those bean sprout in KL. I can finished one big plate of Ipoh bean sprout.                                               

This is their chicken. The skin is more yellowish than other chicken because they serve only "kampung chicken" as compared to other.
The workers are all wearing uniform-blue T-shirt with yellow collar.
The place is still crowded after 10.30 pm.
This shop the worker are friendly and the chicken is not too bad. But nothing impressive. The Kuey Tiew is a bit hard and less smooth compare the Ipoh Town (not to mentioned the name). And the bean sprout is less juicy.(maybe soaked too long or over cook a bit).  I have no comment on the meat ball because it came from the same factory I guess. But the soup of the Kuey Tiew has less prawn taste. More toward the "meso soup"(味精汤).  I won't recomment, but if you want to try yourselves, you can contact the number as showed at the sign board. I hope they can improved and make it the best at Buntong/Ipoh.        

No comments:

Post a Comment